katayla: (Default)
[personal profile] katayla
Happy Yuletide! I'm so excited to read what you write me.

I'm katayla on Ao3 and Twitter and you can find me on GoodReads here. My past letters are over on LJ.

I usually request shippy fic and this year is no different, but, for me, ship doesn't need to mean porn (though I am okay with it). It can just be a quiet night in or little hints like the couple touching each other a lot. I like canon-typical stories (exception: higher ratings are okay) and would prefer no AU's this year. I like future fic, but not prequels. For Yuletide, I want happy endings.

Cainsville - Kelley Armstrong
Gabriel Walsh, Olivia Taylor-Jones

More established Gabriel/Olivia, please! I loved what we got of their relationship in Rituals, but I want more. I'd love to see them take that vacation they talked about in Rituals. Or maybe they go back to the cabin? I'd also enjoy seeing them work together on one of Gabriel's "regular" cases (The ones that don't involve fae and/or Olivia's parents.) Or maybe continue making Olivia's house their home?


Kelley Armstrong is one of my favorite authors and when I fall for one of her ships, I fall HARD. (I like Ricky, so please don't demonize him, but I don't want OT3.) A lot of my life this summer was re-reading these books and, in particular, my favorite Olivia/Gabriel parts, in preparation for Rituals. (And my life since has been a lot of re-reading Rituals!) So to a large extent, this is a "give me anything Olivia/Gabriel and I'll be happy!" request. I would rather avoid much angst, since they've gone through a lot to get to where they are, but feel free to include some "Gabriel doesn't understand relationships" moments.

Hidden Legacy Series - Ilona Andrews
Catalina Baylor, Alessandro Sagredo

Arranged marriage fic, please! It seems like they would be a good genetic match and that's something House Baylor probably does need to consider. And I think Catalina is old enough that those conversations are probably going to happen pretty much right away. I'm interested in anything having to do with that--the actual marriage, the engagement, the discussions leading up to it.

Ilona Andrews is (are?) another one of my favorites and WOW this series was amazing from the beginning. The last book seemed to be setting up at least the potential of a relationship between these two. And, given the world, an arranged marriage seems like a very likely possibility, especially since Nevada isn't going to pursue one. And I could see Catalina very much feeling it is her duty to ensure a good genetic match, as much I imagine her family will be very clear she doesn't have to do it. Maybe Catalina is the one to pursue the match (he shrugged off her magic! That's got to be VERY appealing). Maybe her family tries to talk her out of it. Maybe they get married as soon as she graduates high school. I'm very happy to see other characters in the story. Maybe Neveda/Rogan as a contrast to them.


Mamma Mia! - Andersson/Ulvaeus/Johnson
Donna Sheridan (Mamma Mia! Musical), Sam Carmichael (Mamma Mia! Musical)

Post-canon fic, please! I ship it and I want a happy ending, but I'm so curious to see how they make their marriage work. They hadn't seen each other for TWENTY YEARS, they spend a few days together, and then they get married without any discussion. They both have these established lives. How do they make it work? Is Sam moving in with Donna? What about his kids and work? Or is Donna leaving the island? Basically, I'm interested in some of the nitty-gritty details of how they're going to make it work (and I do want them to make it work!).


I saw the touring production of this in the spring and Sam (played by Shai Yammanee ) was particularly amazing and his and Donna's (Betsy Padamonsky's) chemistry was fantastic. So I came out of the show shipping it hard. But I'm also nearly 10 years older than I was when I saw the movie, so it also made me go, "Wait, but how will this really work?" So I want to see them making it work. I want to see them figuring out how to make their lives fit together. I could also be into future fic for this prompt and fast-forwarding to when they've done all that hard work and are now super-established together.

October Daye Series - Seanan McGuire
October "Toby" Daye, Tybalt (October Daye)

Happiness, please! Maybe there's a 24 hour period where Toby and Tybalt both somehow avoid any threat of death? Maybe they go on one of those vacations they mention from time to time or maybe they just hole up in one of their bedrooms (higher ratings okay here!). Maybe they have a family night. I'm guessing Toby will eventually turn herself all the way fae, so far-future fic would also be awesome.

This is one of those book series I've been meaning to read forever, so I checked out the first book at the end of August . . . and finished them all within two weeks (including The Brightest Fell). And I loved them and I'm not immune to the angst, but they also left me wanting just a feeeeeeeeeew more fun, happy moments between Toby and Tybalt. So, please, show me what it's like when they get a little break! I am happy to see other members of their found family here.

Looking forward to December 25th,
katayla

Profile

katayla: (Default)
katayla

October 2023

S M T W T F S
1234567
891011121314
151617181920 21
22232425262728
293031    

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 8th, 2026 07:55 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios